Chocolate almond milk is the perfect way to add some variety to your almond milk routine. Making your favorite milk in the chocolate form is great for kids, adds something different to milkshakes and is perfect for drinking.
We loved this recipe because of how easy it was to produce the chocolate almond milk and because it was all we hoped it would be. We had thick, creamy, chocolate almond milk.
This simple recipe will produce chocolate milk in no time, requires just three ingredients and is super thick and delicious. The great part about this recipe is that it can be made quickly by soaking the almonds in boiling water, or if you have time or want to prep a day early, you can soak the almonds over night.
Equipment you’ll need
- Blender or food processor
- Nut Milk Bag (or very thin towel)
- Container for almond milk
- Container to soak almonds
Chocolate Almond Milk Recipe – Make Almond MilkCourse: Almond Milk RecipesCuisine: Western, Alternative MilkDifficulty: Easy
This chocolate almond milk is great for kids and adds some variety to your diet.
1 cup of plain almonds, unsalted or roasted
2 cups of filtered water
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- Soak 1 cup of almonds in 2 cups of water for six hours to overnight. ( If you want to cut down on soak time you can boil almonds in hot water for 20 to 30 minutes.)
- Drain and rinse the soaked almonds
- Blend 1 cup of soaked or boiled almonds with 2 cups of filtered water
- Set up your nut milk bag over your container for almond milk
- Pour blended almonds and water mixture into nut milk bag while over container for almond milk
- Squeeze the almond pulp in the nut milk bag to get any remaining almond milk out
- Remove almond milk pulp from nut milk bag and save almond milk pulp for future use if desired
- Add 2 tablespoons of cacao powder to almond milk
- Rinse blender and add almond milk with cacao powder back to the blender
- Stir the almond milk in the blender
- We recommend a high speed blender to make almond milk
We hope you enjoy this Chocolate Almond Milk recipe. Please leave us a comment if you try this or have any feedback or suggestions.
Tips and Variations
Other Chocolate Powders
Organic raw chocolate powder is great in this chocolate almond milk recipe. But you can use other chocolate powders to make chocolate almond milk. Some people prefer to use melted dark chocolate, this gives a richer taste and texture.
Can I make almond milk without soaking the almonds?
We know why it’s important to soak almonds before making almond milk. If you missed it check out our post on Why you need to soak almonds before making almond milk. Soaking almonds is one way to soften the almonds but there is a quicker way. You can make chocolate almond milk without soaking the almonds. You can also boil the almonds for 20 to 30 minutes instead of soaking the almonds. Give it a try both ways, some people have a preference in how the end product comes out.